Your headaches are some of the easiest things to get rid of with chiropractic adjustments. Here are several other things to speed up your healing process from headaches.
1. Do not sleep on your stomach.
2. Do not sleep on your back or watch television on your back with more than one pillow under your head.
3. If you sleep on your back or side, purchase an orthopedic pillow. We carry these in our office.
4. If you sleep only on your side, purchase a side sleeper pillow. Most department stores carry these.
5. Take Epsom salts baths or showers. 4 cups of Epsom Salts in a hot bath for 20 minutes at least once per week, or 2 cups of Epsom Salts in the bottom of the shower with the shower drain closed at least 3 times per week.
6. Take 400-800mg of magnesium. We carry several types of magnesium in our office. Don’t take more calcium in milligrams than you are taking of magnesium. Magnesium is nature’s muscle relaxer and relieves the muscle tension in the neck and head. There is a handout with questions on it to determine if you are low in magnesium. Magnesium is also nature’s beta blocker, nature’s calcium channel blocker and nature’s insomnia cure.
7. If you have migraines ask about our Brain Based Therapy for migraine headaches.
8. Migrastop and the herb feverfew can be helpful for migraines. We have a few samples of Migrastop at the front desk.